Senior software engineer
Modulos is a recently founded spin-off company of ETH Zurich led by two ETH professors working on bringing sophisticated artificial intelligence to corporate customers. Our goal is to bring machine learning to the right level of abstraction to allow users to select and deploy the latest models from computer science research. If that sounds like the place for you, we are currently looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to develop our core product: our automated machine learning platform. As a member of the team building this state-of-the-art platform, you will take part in the design, testing and implementation of the core code base in collaboration with our data science team. For this effort, we’re looking for a dynamic and experienced person. Ideally, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience, and at least 5 years of experience.
- Strong coding skills in at least one general purpose programming language (preference for Python, C++, C), strong ability to reason algorithmically.
- Experience in building a (preferably distributed) system with many mutually interacting components.
- Experience in systems design.
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: databases, parallel computing, cloud computing, Rust, Docker, clusters, message queues, stream processing, CI/CD.
- Self driven with ability to execute a project from start to finish.
- Ability to efficiently get familiar with new code bases, and to design and implement new features.
- Interest and ability to learn new languages and technologies on the fly.
- You should be fluent in English as our team is international.
- You should be a Swiss/EU/EFTA citizen, or have a permit which allows you to work in Switzerland.
This is a software engineering, not a data science position. While some familiarity with machine learning is useful, it is not required. We advertise data science roles separately.
What we offer
You get to join an early stage start-up, which means you will help shape our culture. We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Equity options available
Please apply here via LinkedIn with your CV and a brief cover letter: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1462320722/